Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sub team 3 - Flu attack!

#ibmcsc Turkey9

Yes.  We did it.  Most of Subteam 3 came down with a flu.  Except Anand, who's still standing strong. Hang in there Anand!

Let's catch up a bit............Saturday, the Turkey 9 teams took over the kitchen of the hotel and cooked an international dinner.  That was quite a bit of fun........and quite a bit of fiddling. It's not the biggest kitchen in the world, and trying to squeeze in 15 people all trying to do their own thing?  That was a different challenge. 

All in all I think it went well.  The food turned out great, no major injuries (okay, Mexico did decide that one should bleed for the cause!), and the clients really enjoyed the different foods.  Plus, I've now officially fell in love with this one dish they have here.  No idea what it's called (usual).........but it's mussels (unusual for me), stuffed with a spicy rice.  Delish!

Sunday we were booked to go to Pamukkale ............and of course, I was struck down by the ST3 virus. :D  Spent my Sunday feeling miserable and sick. Shame. Hehehehehehehe.
From what I heard, the guys had a blast!  Oh well..........*sigh*
Monday, I was still down and out.

Then came the day that I feared just a bit.  The community day.  Tuesday we all dressed up, and went to the Iztech university to do our community day presentations.  The nerves!
I think it went okay.  The other guys were truly amazing, and we connected and chatted to quite a few students after the event.  We even made the news!

http://www.sondakika.com/haber/haber-farkli-ulkelerden-15-ibm-uzmani-iyte-de-bulustu-4467940/

We're in our final stretch now, so it's time to wrap up on our work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment